About Me

My photo
Canada
A believer in Christ Jesus for over forty years.

Saturday 21 November 2020

Revival

 Revival

In the book of 2 Chronicles we read,

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles, 7:14.

I attend an evangelical church and as such I hear a lot of people saying there is a need for revival. And it does. 

That being said what I am hearing is “America and Canada need revival” as if America and Canada are Christian nations who have fallen away from God. Which is not true. Canada and America are not Christian nations. Nor have they ever been. There is no Christian nation in this world.

It is not American and Canadian nations that need revival, it is the Church particularly those claiming to be evangelicals. 

Sadly in the year of our Lord 2020 the evangelical movement in North America has moved away from the pure gospel message. 

They are mixing their faith with politics. Always a bad combination. As someone has said,

“mixing religion and politics is like mixing water and gasoline. 

The water is undrinkable. 

The gasoline unusable. 

And the whole mixture explosive.”

Yes there is a need for revival within the church be they evangelicals or non-evangelicals, all need;

To humble themselves and pray. 

To confess their sins.

And to ask God to forgive them for turning from His word. 

Please think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment