About Me

My photo
Canada
A believer in Christ Jesus for over forty years.

Thursday 3 December 2020

Are You?

  Are you?

In the book of Revelations we read Jesus as saying,

"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Revelations 16:15.

The apostle Paul writes,

“Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.” 1 Thessalonians 5:1,2.

It is said Martin Luther while hoeing weeds was asked the question, “What would you be doing if you knew Christ was returning today?”

He replied “I’d be hoeing weeds.”

When I first read that I thought how natural a reply. The garden needed tending to so he was doing it.

Luther didn’t know when Jesus would return. He understood it would be a surprise. As a result I’m sure Luther was ready to meet Christ. 

All who profess to be Christians, believers in Christ Jesus, should be ready at all times to meet Christ. 

Are you?

Please think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment