About Me

My photo
Canada
A believer in Christ Jesus for over forty years.

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Akin to mixing Christianity and Atheism

Akin to mixing Christianity with Atheism
The book of Exodus records God as saying,
"You shall have no other gods before me. 
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand  generations  of those who love me and keep my commandments.” Exodus 20:3-6.
This is a commandment from God whether they realize it or not many Christians particularly here in North America where I live, break this commandment all the time.
     Anything that comes before God is an idol. Anything that is placed on an equal plain to God is an idol. That not only includes some of the obvious things like possessions and money. But other less obvious things like Political and religious leaders, and political parties.
Here in North America and more so in the United States than in Canada people calling themselves Christians are mixing their religion and their faith. They are quite often without realizing it saying one party is “more Christian” than another.
The Christian faith even in a free and democratic society in which we in the west live should vote, but we should never be mix our faith in anyway with politics. We must follow the examples of Christ and the apostles who never took sides politically.
Our job is to evangelize, not play politics.
By taking political sides we dilute our faith. It is akin to mixing our faith with atheism. There are politicians of all different stripes that are Christians. Thus saying one political party is for God is wrong.
We are called by God Himself to,
“You shall have no other gods before me. 
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.  
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand  generations  of those who love me and keep my commandments.” Exodus 20:3-6.
If you love God. If you truly believe in Christ Jesus. Then you should not as I said, placing, politics, possessions, or anything else ahead of God.
Thus my questions to you.
If you claim to be a Christian are you putting anything ahead of God?
Are there any idols in your life?
Please think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment