About Me

My photo
Canada
A believer in Christ Jesus for over forty years.

Tuesday 2 June 2015

It's about life

It’s about life

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” 
John 10:10
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” 
John 11:25,26

I’ve heard a lot of people over the years say they live far better lives than some Christians they know. That may be true because Christians like everyone else in this world are far from perfect. As someone has said “Christians are not perfect they are with God’s help, simply progressing.”
C. S. Lewis said,
“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” 
                                             C.S. Lewis.
When we accept Christ as our Saviour God begins a work in our lives. He if we let Him works to make us better each day.
That however is only half the story. By accepting Christ into our life we receive Eternal Life with God.
I as all Christians do, and the majority of people in the world today, I believe, life does not end with the grave.
If I am right which I believe I am, then the question becomes where will you spend eternity.
I have heard many people say “well if my good out weighs my bad then I’ll get to heaven.”
Christians don’t see it that way. We believe the words of Jesus, who said,
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” 
John 14:6
We believe the words of Paul to the Ephesians who said,
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast.” 
                                                                    Ephesians 2:8,9.
Salvation, eternal life with God is a free gift to all who will receive it.
Christians believe that God reached down to mankind by sending his one and only son Jesus Christ to this world to show how much he loved us.
The apostle Paul writing to the Romans said,
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” 
Romans 5:8.
I know it sounds odd, even foolish that God would sent His one and only son to die for us but it is what we Christians believe.
Again to quote the apostle Paul writing to the Corinthian church. Paul writes,
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  
For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” 
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?  
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.  
Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom,  but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,  but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  
For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.” 
1 Corinthians 1:18-25.
God does not always work in ways man would consider logical. God does things his way and asks man to have faith in Him.
That’s why I think some believe that Christians preaching Christ crucified dying and ascending to sit at the right hand of God is foolishness.
For the Christian this however is the pillar of our faith and God wants us to walk by faith.
The writer of Hebrews states,
‘And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
                                                                                                        Hebrews 11:6
Defining faith as,
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
                                                                                                                         Hebrews 11:1.
Eternal life with God is as simple as believing in Jesus. Believing that He is God’s One and Only Son. That He came into this world to die for your sins. Then asking Him into your heart and life.
A prayer as simple as this,
Dear Heavenly Father,
I believe in you. I believe that Jesus is your One and Only Son. That He came to earth to die for my sins.
Please forgive my sins and come into my heart and life today.
In Jesus name I pray.
                 Amen
Please think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment