About Me

My photo
Canada
A believer in Christ Jesus for over forty years.

Monday 2 September 2013

Trust


Read Matthew 17:1-18:5
At that time the disciple came to Jesus, saying, 
“Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, 
“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted
 and become as little children, 
you will  by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
“Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child
 is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
                                                                         Matthew 18:1-4
Look at this statement carefully:
1. unless you are converted and become as little children, you will
by no means enter the kingdom of heaven
2. “Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child
is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Someone told me, that this means, we have complete trust in God and not question.  I agree with the that statement.  BUT it must be emphasized that the complete trust must be in God. Not in an individual preacher, teacher or evangelist.
We must have child like trust in Christ simply because there are things that we will not fully understand this side of eternity. That is the nature of faith,
Hebrews 11:1 tell us, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. "
Still that doesn’t mean we don’t question anything we are taught.  If that were the case why would God gave us a brain and a curious nature that asks questions.
 A Bible collage professor once said to me, “God gave us a brain and common sense to use and we should.”
I’ve worked with children for a long time, as a Sunday School Teacher and as professional clown and the one thing I know is children question everything.
I perform different acts of illusion making things appear and disappear, seemingly, into thin air.
Every time, I do the act, kids question.  They’re not dumb, they know there’s something going on, some trick, but they don’t know what. They question me all the time.
Occasionally, I do the tricks for my Sunday School class.  I use it as a way of telling them, how easily, we can be fooled if we are not careful.  I emphasize to them that they should question things if they aren’t sure of it.
Most children are curious and want to know more, they want to learn.
They trust their teachers, but still question, until they are satisfied they have the right answer.
Something to think about
We as Christians, should never be afraid to question because a true teacher of the Word won’t be afraid to answer with specifics from the Word of God.
We should never be afraid to ask God questions. To ask God to show us the

No comments:

Post a Comment